Boasting a 100% occupancy, historic
downtown Quitman is engaged in a full scale renovation of mainstreet buildings.
Known as Georgia’s Camellia City, spring and
summer months feature the beautiful pink blossoms
of the Betty Sheffield, Quitman’s personal breed of camellia blossom.
Quitman’s Points of Interest
- North Court Street features beautiful 1860s Greek Revival, 1890s Victorian, and 1920s Bungalow homes along a shady avenue
- The Historical Museum and Cultural Center highlights the history of Brooks County
- The Chamber of Commerce offers a walking tour displaying the best of Quitman
- The Old Oak Hill and West End Cemeteries have gravesites of many Confederate Heroes
- Veteran's Park is a public park featuring a walking track, tennis courts, children’s equipment, and picnic areas